Abraham Lincoln quotes with pictures

100+ Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Leadership, Unity, Freedom, Education, And Many More.

Abraham Lincoln Quotes
  • Whatever you are, be a great one.
Abraham Lincoln Quotes
  • I often require more courage and dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.
  • I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

Abraham Lincoln Quotes
I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.
Abraham Lincoln Quotes
You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.

On leadership

Abraham Lincoln Quotes
  • You can't help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
  • You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

On Freedom

Abraham Lincoln Quotes
  • Those who deny freedom for others deserve it not for themselves.

On Love

  • All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
  • I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
  • Marriage is neither heaven nor hell, it is simply purgatory.

On Education

  • The philosophy of the school-room in one generation will be the philosophy of the government in the next.
  • All I have learned, I learned from books.
  • Important principles may, and must, be inflexible.
  • Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all.
  • The things I want to know are in books.
  • My best friend is the man who will get me a book I ain't read.

On Life

  • Be sure to put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
  • Better to remain silent and be taught a fool than to speak out and remove all doubts.
  • Those who look for bad in people will surely find it.
  • I don't like that man. I must know him better.
  • When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
  • We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.
  • Life is hard but so very beautiful.
  • We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of Earth.
  • Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four hours sharpening the axe.
  • You can't escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
  • With Malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wound.
  • If this is coffee, please bring me some tea, but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
  • A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.
  • The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew.

On Democracy, Constitution, Government

  • The people will save their government if the government will allow them.
  • A house divided against itself can't stand.
  • The ballot is stronger than the bullet.
  • As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.
  • No man is good enough to govern another man with the other's consent.
  • Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth.
  • We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
  •  The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly.
  • There is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.

On America

  • American will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
  • This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
  • My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of Earth.

On Success

  • Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
  • The best way to predict your future is to create it.
  • I don't think much of a man who is not wiser than he was yesterday.
  • Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any one thing.
  • I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
  • That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.
  • Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.
  • I'm a success today because I have a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.
  • Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
  • I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.
  • I do the very best I know how - the very best I can, and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.
  • The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.

On Character

  • Character is the tree, Reputation is the shadow. The shadow is what we think of it. The tree is the real thing.
  • He has a right to criticize, who has the heart to help.
  • I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
  • Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
  • No man is poor who has a godly mother.
  • There are no bad pictures, that's just how your face looks sometimes.
  • It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.
  • When I do good I feel good, when I do bad I feel bad, and that's my religion.
  • If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?

On Happiness

  • Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.
  • In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
  • Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.
  • Every man's happiness is his own responsibility.

Comments